Headington travel information
- Local buses to and from Oxford
- London Buses to and from Victoria
- Airports (London Oxford, London Heathrow, and London Gatwick)
- Rail (how to get from Oxford railway station to Headington)
- Car (information on car parks and residents’ parking)
- Cambridge (how to get there by public transport)
- Cycling (safe cycle routes from Headington to Oxford, Summertown, Cowley, and Wheatley)
- Walking (a pleasant route from Headington to Oxford through the University Parks)
General travel links
- The Train Line allows you to plan and book your whole rail journey; but if you only want a timetable, Railtrack is better
- National Express: Bus timetables and online booking
- BusWeb lists all UK bus services (including European coach tour operators)
- Oxfordshire County Council public transport information
- The Oxfordshire Comet: Oxfordshire County Council bookable transport service for those who cannot access suitable public transport
View Headington at street level
Google’s special car with a camera on the roof toured Headington in the summer of 2008 (with Barton and Risinghurst added in 2009), and almost every street can now be seen on Google StreetView. Just go to http://maps.google.co.uk/maps and type in your post code. Then pull across the little orange person on the left to the area whose houses you want to see.
The links below show the shops in Headington District Shopping Centre: keep clicking the left and right arrows on the picture to view them all.
Bing Maps also offer an aerial view of Headington
Central Headington is now well represented on the Geograph British Isles website, for example with pictures of the shark and the new Baptist Church.
Other parts of Headington mapped with pictures are Barton (St Mary’s Church), Sandhills (Thornhill Park & Ride), Shotover (egg-rolling), Headington Hill (Cuckoo Lane), Marston (Vicky Arms), and the west side of Quarry (Rock Edge).
Other parts of Headington and Marston are still waiting for people to submit pictures; and it is always possible to add extra pictures to occupied squares.