Shark

Headington history: Streets

Go backwards
Go forwards

Lime Walk


Lime Walk junction looking south
Lime Walk junction with All Saints Road, looking south, c.1905. The garden wall of one of the houses that were demolished to make way for All Saints' Church can be seen on the left. On the right is New Headington's main grocer's shop, which was also a post office from c.1890 to 1947

Lime Walk junction looking south
Lime Walk junction with All Saints Road, looking north,
soon after All Saints' Church opened in 1910

Mr Draper and his shopCrossroad with All Saints Road, looking north, with Mr Draper standing outside his shop, c.1905

North end of Lime WalkThe north end of Lime Walk, looking south, soon after 1910, when these houses (both sides) were newly built on the Britannia Field, the last trace of which can be seen on the right.

Lime Walk from south end
South end of Lime Walk, looking north, c.1905

The houses of Lime Walk have had three different sets of numbers
Lime Walk: Development and renumbering

Summerville, 91 Lime Walk

 

See also:

© Stephanie Jenkins

Headington home Shark Oxford History home