Shark

Marston history: Listed buildings

Go backwards 
Go forwards

Church Farmhouse, Church Lane


Church Farmhouse
Photographed on 25 February 2006

Church Farmhouse is Grade II listed (List Entry No. 1047607). It dates from the early eighteenth century or possibly earlier) and is built of limestone rubble, with an old plain-tile roof and brick stacks.

Church Farm belonged to the Loder family in the eighteenth and first part of the nineteenth century.

The Haynes family owned the farm from the later nineteenth century until about 1980. Albert Haynes is listed as a dairy farmer here in 1935 and simply as a farmer in 1947. Harold Haynes farmed here in 1976.

© Stephanie Jenkins

Headington home Shark Oxford History home