Shark

Marston history: Listed buildings

Go backwards 
Go forwards

Bishop’s Farm, 41 Oxford Road


Bishop’s Farm
Photographed on 25 February 2006

Bishop’s Farm is Grade II listed (List Entry No. 1047570). It dates from the early eighteenth century, and is built of limestone rubble, with a plain-tile roof.

The house was restored in 1980, and won an award from the Oxford Preservation Trust.


Some occupants of Bishop’s Farm

  • 1914: Harry Joseph Nutt, a tailor
  • 1928: John William Buck, cycle dealer
  • 1935, 1943: Edwin Hubert Haynes
  • 1958: Gordon H. Davies and Martin Henderson

© Stephanie Jenkins

Headington home Shark Oxford History home